-
December 13th, 2002, 06:01 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Look at this line-up:
1. Sizemore
2. Phillips
3. Hafner
4. Garcia
5. Martinez
6. Escobar/Bradley
7. Smith
8. L. Garcia/Church
9. Peralta
That's in 2005, and every one of those guys should be good for 20 homers. Just wait 'till Whitney breaks into that line-up.
What's a pitcher to do?
-
December 13th, 2002, 06:08 PM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
Without speed, it won't be impressive. However, some of those players do posess speed.
Back in the 70's, the Indians had one team with six ballplayers that hit 20 homers. Roy Foster was one of them. I can't seem to remember the year. Was it the very early 70's, mid 70's ?
I think we finished 10 games under .500.
-
December 14th, 2002, 01:03 AM
#3
Inactive Member
It was 1970. Foster was the Sporting News ROY.
Who else hit 20- Pinson, Fosse, Horton, Nettles?
-
December 14th, 2002, 07:46 AM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CLE/1970.shtml
Only four made it over 20 homers. The other two just missed.
Tony Horton 17, Ray Fosse 18, Roy Foster 23, Duke Sims 23, Vada Pinson 24, Craig Nettles 26.
Eddie Leon had 10 home-runs that year, Jack Heideman had 6, was the ball juiced???
I thought for sure that we had six that year that hit at least 20 homers. Perhaps I was remembering the announcers waxing on how about how close we came, that both guys who finished under 20 missed thirty games each, so you might as well give it to them! (I wasn't very old then)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks